Dear Lesher Families,
Here we go again… I hope you’ve enjoyed a wonderful summer with family and friends, and made time to rest, reflect, and recuperate. What excites me most every August is the potential of our new draft picks, quality of our returning staff, and the opportunity to do what we do best in 2019-20! Our BHAG: Big Hairy Audacious Goal (Good to Great, 2001, Collins) remains the same… provide students access to equitable and excellent learning experiences and outcomes through high expectations with high support. It’s our moral imperative, it’s our professional responsibility, it’s what we do, and it is THE LESHER DIFFERENCE!
Our declaration of care for those we serve and those we lead has been: LOVE YOUR PEOPLE. The people we allow to be in our lives and those who allow us to be in theirs. We make good things happen for other people whenever and wherever we can. We Love our People, Live the Dream, Anchor Down, are Always Reppin’, Row the Boat, and have One Heartbeat. This year, it’s all about F-A-M-I-L-Y … Forget About Me I Love You!
More specifically, we’ll row toward these 2019-20 deliverables:
- Complete the Student/Teacher Emergenetics Program (STEP) Profile & Meeting of the Minds seminar.
- Begin Peer Observations/Lesson Study using the 5Ds+ Standards-based Teaching & Learning Framework & IB’s Approaches to Teaching.
- Expand our EL Achieve Instruction (English Language Development- ELD) to include a Building-wide Reading & Writing Framework to improve student thinking & writing.
- Continue Expect Respect schoolwide to teach students how to build healthy relationships & prevent violence & abuse.
- Continue assessing Student Performance via the IBMYP Criteria, Strands, & AtL Skills per our IBMYP criterion-referenced gradebook.
- Continue our MTSS & Progress Monitoring to enhance student academic, behavioral, & social/emotional performance.
- Continue our Co-teaching Model between our Integrated Services & General Ed. Teachers to improve growth gaps for students with disabilities.
So Lesher F-A-M-I-L-Y, here we go again, on August 20th, our 59th year, with 790+ students! It’s going to be awesome. Thank you and shine on.
Living the dream,
T. DODD, PhD
KEEP CALM & ROW THE BOAT!
“Shells sink, dreams float. Life’s good on our boat.”
WE ARE... LESHER!