Our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, balanced and caring students who will help to create a better world through intercultural understanding and respect. Toward that end, we will:
- Create a physically and emotionally safe learning environment
- Model behaviors and attitudes that we want our students to possess, including: open-mindedness, collaboration, principled action, and communication
- Create an energizing and rigorous curriculum with frequent formative assessment that supports learners at all levels of mastery
- Provide opportunities for students to engage their natural curiosities in meaningful learning and reflection
- Give our students opportunities to think deeply, grow, take risks, and correct mistakes
- Hold students accountable for their best efforts
- Provide opportunities to solve problems in “real-world” applications
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, creative, and caring learning leaders
- Create opportunities for students to learn about and engage in their larger world, within and across culture
Lesher Middle School strives to become a world class International Baccalaureate school; one in which all students leave our care as confident, inquisitive, creative, and self-motivated learners who use critical thinking skills and an expanded understanding of their world to become globally competitive and productive members of society. Engaged in the local community, yet culturally connected to the world, Lesher Middle School students are reflective, and are able to assess and appreciate divergent points of view.
IB Mission Statement
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect. To this end the organization works with schools, governments and international organizations to develop challenging programmes of international education and rigorous assessment. These programmes encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right.
School Unified Improvement Plan (SUIP)
Click either of these links to review our 2016-17 SUIP: