In the interest of student, parent, & staff safety, please:
- SLOW DOWN. The city street speed limit is 25 mph. School zones are 20 mph.
- Drop-off/pick-up students at DESIGNATED TIMES (10 minutes before/after start/dismissal bells) & places (parent drop off/pick up lane on Ellis St. eastside of building).
- Drop off/pick up students on the LESHER SIDE OF THE STREET so they don't have to cross the street. If they need to cross the street have them use the crosswalk.
- PULL FORWARD in the drop-off/pick-up area. Its helps everyone if you PULL FORWARD. Remember, please PULL FORWARD.
- Yield to pedestrians & crossing guards in crosswalks.
- DO NOT BLOCK the roadway, bicycle lanes, handicap spaces, bus entrances, or driveways.
- NO PARKING, stopping, or standing at RED CURBS.
- Turn your vehicle off while waiting for your child(ren). NO IDLING.
- DO NOT MAKE UTURNS on streets around the school.
- Bicycles should use BIKE LANES & obey traffic laws.
- DISMOUNT your bicycle/skateboard on the sidewalk IN FRONT OF SCHOOL MAIN ENTRANCE & walk (Stover St.).
- SECURE your bicycle/skateboard on the RACKS at the north side of the school (Lake St.).
- Use CROSSWALKS.
- Make EYE CONTACT with drivers prior to crossing.
* Click this link for more information on Safe Routes to School.