CMAS Spring 2020 Testing
Our Mathematics and English Language Arts CMAS tests for 2019-2020 school year are on March 31 - April 2 and April 7 - 9. There will be one test a day in the mornings from 8:05 am - 10:30 am for all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. We are proud of our students’ accomplishments last year, and we are excited for them to demonstrate their strengths again this year. Our 7th grade Social Studies and 8th grade Science CMAS will test all day on April 15th. As you walk in the front doors of our school, one of our mottos, “Row the Boat” is displayed in big, blue letters. This motto means we are all in this together, and everyone needs to work hard towards our goals. “Row the Boat” is pertinent during testing, because the students’ attitudes and efforts affect our culture and community.
How does testing impact my student?
- CMAS scores help identify a student’s academic needs. It is used for class placement (being put into a support class or graduating from a support class), gifted and talented identification, and readiness for high school classes.
- Practice! Students will take the SAT in high school, a standardized test used for college admittance. This is often referred to as a high stakes test. CMAS tests are a great, lower stakes way to practice test taking skills.
How does testing impact Lesher?
- CMAS tests are one measure used to determine the effectiveness of a teacher. 50% of teacher evaluations are based on standardized test growth scores.
- Our school data, growth and achievement, is posted on the Colorado Department of Education’s website. The state uses the CMAS tests to determine our school staff’s effectiveness, and whether we are a performing school, a needs-improvement school, a priority improvement school, or a turnaround school.
We appreciate your support and the attitude of “Row the Boat” that we see in our students and staff every day! If you have any questions, please contact Janice Martinez, Assistant Principal and Assessment Coordinator, at email@example.com. Go Vikings!
2019 CMAS Results
Student CMAS results will be handed out on Friday, September 13th during ELO. If your student is absent they will get them on Monday during ELO. Please reference the Understanding English Language Arts and Math Score Reports provided by the state. If you have any further questions you can reach out to Janice Martinez, AP and Assessment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-472-3854.
- Understanding Score Reports for ELA and Math - English pdf
- Comprensión de los Informes de Puntaje para ELA y Matematicas - español pd
CMAS Testing Resources: