- Lesher CMAS Math and ELA Schedule 2017-18
Our Mathematics and English Language Arts CMAS tests are March 26-29 and April 4-5. There will be one test a day for all 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students. We are proud of our students’ accomplishments, and we are excited for them to demonstrate their strengths. As you walk in the front doors of our school, one of our mottos, “Row the Boat” is displayed in big, blue letters. This motto means we are all in this together, and everyone needs to work hard towards our goals. “Row the Boat” is pertinent during testing, because the students’ attitudes and efforts affect our culture and community.
How does testing impact my student?
- CMAS scores help identify a student’s academic needs. It is used for class placement (being put into a support class or graduating from a support class), gifted and talented identification, and readiness for high school classes.
- Practice! Students will take the SAT in high school, a standardized test used for college admittance. This is often referred to as a high stakes test. CMAS tests are a great, lower stakes way to practice test taking skills.
How does testing impact Lesher?
- CMAS tests are one measure used to determine the effectiveness of a teacher. 50% of teacher evaluations are based on standardized test growth scores.
- Our school data, growth and achievement, is posted on the Colorado Department of Education’s website. The state uses the CMAS tests to determine our school staff’s effectiveness, and whether we are a performing school, a needs-improvement school, a priority improvement school, or a turnaround school.
We appreciate your support and the attitude of “Row the Boat” that we see in our students and staff every day! If you have any questions, please contact Angel Herrick, Assistant Principal and Assessment Coordinator, at email@example.com. Go Vikings!
CMAS Testing Resources: