Welcome to Lesher! We are so excited to have you on the Viking ship! This website will serve as a helpful resource for you and your family as you navigate through the final year of elementary school and prepare to transition to middle school.
Open House & Curriculum Fair - Thursday, November 10th from 6 - 7:30 pm
School of Choice Deadline - Thursday, December 15, 2022 at noon
School of Choice:
PSD has selected ScribChoice, from Scribbles Software, as the new system for the online school choice application. More information about how to use this system will be provided soon.
PSD also revised policy JFBA-Choice/Open Enrollment, effective July 1, 2022. Please note the following changes to the timing of the School of Choice application period and lottery:
- The first-round application period is anticipated to open in early November 2022 and close at noon MST on Dec. 15, 2022. This round is based on lottery, not 1st come, 1st served. Seats will be offered the 2nd week of January 2023.
- The second-round will be approximately 2 weeks after the first-round seats are offered - around February 1st.
Please review the FAQ’s below for information about the school choice application process and changes to the policy. Questions about School Choice can be sent to email@example.com.
Apply for School of Choice Here (coming November 2022)
We invite you to one of our building tours with Mr. Kotnik. Learn more about our history and all that Lesher has to offer!
- Audience: Parents/guardians of incoming 6th graders.
- Dates: November 4, November 18, December 2, December 9th
- Times: Check-in at 7:50 AM and tours from 8:00-8:30 AM
*Please sign up for a parent tour by filling out this form.
All slots for Student Shadowing have been filled. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to offering this opportunity again next year. Please join us at our Open House November 10th, 2022 from 6-7:30pm. If you are unable to attend the Open House and would like a tour of Lesher please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Krista Summers, 6th Grade Counselor)
Elementary Registration Visits:
6th grade school counselor, Krista Summers, and 6th grade assistant principal, Deana Kochis, will visit feeder elementary schools in late January 2023 to discuss the following:
- 6th grade houses (Zippleback, Gronckle, Night Fury, Stormcutter).
- Core courses (Math, Science, English, Social Studies) and Encore courses (World Language, Visual and Performing Arts, Health and Physical Education, Technology).
- 6th graders have two choices to make:
- World language: French, German, Spanish, or Spanish Literacy.
- Visual/Performing Arts: Band, Orchestra, or a combination of Choir and Art (one semester of each)
- 6th grade sports (fall: cross country & tennis; winter: wrestling; spring: golf, track and field) and club activities (Science Olympiad, Chess Club, eSports, etc.).
- Instructions on how to submit course requests online, through StudentVUE, for 6th grade Encore classes.
- Student course requests will need to be submitted through StudentVUE by: Date TBD
We will visit the following elementary schools for course registration:
- Bennett Elementary
- O'Dea Elementary
- McGraw Elementary
- Laurel Elementary
- Timnath Elementary
- Harris Elementary
- Riffenburgh Elementary
- Shepardson Elementary
- Dunn Elementary
5th Grade Visit Day: ROW THE BOAT! Orientation
Students will be able to visit the building, meet our 6th grade team, and learn what it means to be a Viking!
- Audience: Incoming 6th graders.
- Students from non-feeder schools are welcome to join, but will need their own transportation.
- Date/Time: May 12, 2023