The Lesher Learning/Pollinator Garden Grand Opening is Friday, October 11th, 2019, 1:30 – 2:10 pm on Lake Street! This project began years ago with an idea and came to fruition with a Learning Garden two years ago and with a Pollinator Garden this past summer. From fundraising 5Ks and farm dinners, to contracts, design, installation, weed pulling and maintenance you all helped make it happen. Please pass this reminder invitation along to anyone you’d like to invite. The tentative program is as follows:
- 1:30 PM – Principal Tom Dodd welcomes everyone and talks about how the project came about and Lesher’s commitment to sustainability education.
- 1:40 PM – Teacher Eric Peitz provides remarks on how students are engaged with the space as stewards of the garden.
- 1:50 PM – Nature in the City staff comment on the value this work brings to the community and recognizes the partners that helped make it happen.
- 1:55 PM – Informal celebration with snacks and swag.
- 2:10 PM – Celebration concludes and everyone is invited inside for Lesher’s Nordic Fest pep rally in the Viking Dome (gym)!
Thank you to our partners who made this project possible:
- Poudre School District (Tracy Stibitz, Jerry Garrettson, Matt Pflieiger & Trudy Trimbath)
- FC Natural Areas & Nature in the City (Justin Scharton, Norine Duchane, Rachel Steeves & Julia Feder)
- Russell + Mills Design (Mary Taylor & Craig Russell)
- Big Green (Sydney Belyayev, Kristin Kirkpatrick & Alex Brady)
- Audubon of the Rockies (Jamie Weiss & John Kloster-Prew)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprises (Kira Beckham & Harry Houlton)
- Elite Landscaping (Mario Mendez & Jenna Bensko)
- Kiefer Concrete (Jerry Kiefer)
- Fortified Collaborations (Kristina Cash)
- Chipper’s Lanes & Mishawaka Amphitheatre (Dani Grant & Matt Hoeven)