Lesher's 7th Annual Genius Week CANCELED
Dear Genius Week Families,
We trust this finds you well! We've been waiting for a decision from the Poudre School District (PSD) regarding summer programming including Genius Week 2020. Per PSD, we will not be able to host Genius Week this year. We considered the possibility of a “Virtual Genius Week,” but for various reasons, could not deliver the excellent programming that has become the reputation of Genius Week.
Thank you for registering and thank you for making Genius Week a part of your summer plans. The Genius Week team will miss you. Please pencil us in for the first week of June next year: Genius Week 2021!
We are in the process of refunding your tuition. Credit card refunds have already occurred. If you paid by cash or check, those refunds will be in the mail soon.
We look forward to being together during Genius Week 2021!
Lisa Crossland - email@example.com
Lynn Ann Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany Downing - email@example.com
Naia Sottile - firstname.lastname@example.org
Who: Students grades 5-8 who are motivated, high-achieving, and/or GT identified.
What: Creative and challenging classes for summer enrichment. Classes have included: Creative Writing, Drama, Outdoor Survival, Forensic Science, Breakout!, Debate.
When: June 1 - 5, 2020
Classes are offered in 1.5 and/or 3 hour sessions.
Schedule: Morning session:
3 hour classes held 8:30 - 11:30
1.5 hour classes held 8:30-10:00 & 10:00-11:30
Lunch: 11:35 - 12:10
3 hour classes held 12:15 - 3:15
1.5 hour classes held 12:15-1:45 & 1:45-3:15
Where: Aboard the Viking Ship, here at Lesher!
Cost: $350 for the full week, full days *
$200 for the full week, half days *
Register and pay by March 13 for a $25 discount
* For PSD Students that qualify for a fee waiver, reduced pricing is available. To find out if your student has a fee waiver on file with PSD, contact Jeannie Mitchell at Lesher Middle School at email@example.com or 970-472-3872. For more information about the fee waiver process, click: www.psdschools.org/fees
Registration & Payment:
Registration begins February 15 and closes May 21, 2020.
Your student's registration will be considered complete once you submit the registration form and complete payment. You may pay by credit card using PSD SchoolPay. A 3.35% convenience fee will be included. See PSD SchoolPay Instructions (pdf) ♦|♦ PSD SchoolPay Web Page
- Alternatively, you may pay via check to avoid the convenience fee. Checks may be made payable to Lesher Middle School, with "Genius Week" and the attendee’s name in the memo line. Also, you may pay in cash in Lesher’s front office - please do not mail cash.
Check/Money Order payments are sent to:
If assistance is needed with registration, contact Lisa Crossland 970-472-3830 - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Si usted necesita ayuda para registrarse por favor contacte a la Enlace Familiar de Español, Veronica Carrillo en oficina 970-472-3852 - email@example.com.
One non-parent/guardian adult recommendation is also needed (see link below) - if the student attended Genius Week previously, no new recommendation is necessary.
Lisa Crossland - firstname.lastname@example.org - 970-472-3830
Lynn Ann Johnson - email@example.com
Tiffany Downing - firstname.lastname@example.org - 970-218-4895
Naia Sottile - email@example.com - 970-443-8474
If financial assistance is needed, third party scholarships may be available from individuals and businesses who might be able to help. As we hear of groups who champion this cause, we will list the contact information below.
- EdVentures is all about encouraging movement in the learning process. If there is physical movement used in the process of learning academic content, we want to encourage this. Any class fitting into these parameters is great. EdVentures is offering two $75.00 scholarship opportunities. Students should write a paragraph or send a video about why they want to attend Genius Week, and also be specific about the class they plan to attend. Submit your application early for prompt consideration! Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org !
As part of the half and full day registration fee, lunch will be served. We are glad to offer vegetarian meals for those who prefer it. If you have other dietary needs, please provide your own lunch. We are not able to offer a reduced tuition for lunches brought from home. Tentative menu:
- Monday = Burritos
- Tuesday = Chicken Sandwich/Veggie Wrap
- Wednesday = Deli Sandwich
- Thursday = Pizza
- Friday = Pasta