= REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED =
Contact Lisa Crossland with any questions.
Lesher's Genius Week! June 4th - 8th, 2018
Who: This June enrichment opportunity is designed for motivated, high-achieving, and/or GT identified students, grades 5 through 8!
What: This is an opportunity to serve students who want to go above and beyond for a week in the summer! Classes will emphasize creativity, inquiry, and deep thinking.
When: June 4 - 8, 2018
Classes are offered in 1.5 and 3 hour sessions.
Schedule: Morning session: 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
(8:30-10:00 & 10:00-11:30 for 1.5 hour sessions)
Lunch: 11:35 - 12:10
Afternoon session: 12:15 PM - 3:15 PM
(12:15-1:45 & 1:45-3:15 for 1.5 hour sessions)
Where: Aboard the Viking Ship, here at Lesher!
Cost: $350 for the full week, full day
$200 for the full week, half day
- Review our available class offerings in our course catalog.
Registration begins February 15 and closes May 21, 2018.
Registrants, we will confirm schedules by June 1.
Your student's registration will be considered complete once you submit the registration form and remit payment. You may pay by credit card using SchoolPay. A 3.35% convenience fee will be included.
- Alternatively, you may remit payment via check to avoid the convenience fee. Checks may be made payable to Lesher Middle School, with "Genius Week" and the attendee’s name in the memo line. Also, you may pay in cash in Lesher’s front office - please do not mail cash.
Check/Money Order payments are sent to:
If assistance is needed with registration, contact Karen Hammann 970-472-3863 - email@example.com.
Si usted necesita ayuda para registrarse por favor contacte a la Enlace Familiar de Español, Veronica Carrillo en oficina 970-472-3852 - firstname.lastname@example.org.
One teacher, instructor, or coach recommendation is also needed - if you (the student) attended previously, no new recommendation is necessary.
A limited number of individual scholarships for the full amount of the fee were available in the past, however, in accordance with District guidelines, that practice is being replaced with a reduced fee amount for all students who qualify for a waiver. All students who qualify for a waiver are eligible for 50% of their fee to be waved. This new practice allows a greater number of students to be served and provides for equitable treatment of all students who qualify. To qualify for a waiver, students must be eligible to receive either free or reduced price meals AND a parent/guardian must have completed the District’s Permission to Share form. For more information on free and reduced price meals and waivers, visit: https://www.psdschools.org/student-fees-and-charges
If financial assistance is needed, third party scholarships may be available from individuals and business who might be able to help. As we hear of groups who champion this cause, we will list the contact information here.
Individuals and businesses who wish to offer assistance:
- CSU would like to offer scholarships, based on need, to students who wish to take Summer Programming Camp for Middle School Girls. For more information contact Chris at: email@example.com
- EdVentures is all about encouraging movement in the learning process. Hence, Karate Math. But it's not limited to Karate Math. If there is physical movement used in the process of learning academic content, we want to encourage that as well. Thus, anything offered at the camp fitting within that parameter would be fine. EdVentures is offering X dollars in 25 to 50 dollar stipends to those who write a paragraph or send a video about why they should be eligible to receive the grant. It can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The number of grants are limited!
- Scholarships Completed > Thank you CH Fine Art, $100.00 offered, contact: email@example.com
As part of the half and full day registration fee, lunch will be served. We are glad to offer vegetarian meals for those who prefer it. If you have other dietary needs, please provide your own lunch. We are not able to offer a reduced tuition for lunches brought from home.
- Monday = Burritos
- Tuesday = Chicken Sandwich/Veggie Wrap
- Wednesday = Deli Sandwich
- Thursday = Pizza
- Friday = Soup
Lesher’s three previous GT Summer Institutes, now "Lesher's Genius Week", have been a great success thanks to you!
The students were terrific, the classes energizing!