LESHER COUNSELING TEAM
|Mental Health Specialists||
Lesher Middle School Counselors work as professional student advocates collaborating with parents, teachers and the community to support and facilitate academic, career, personal and social development for all students as well as help students to resolve concerns that interrupt the educational process.
In support of the Poudre School District’s mission and vision PSD school counselors believe:
- Each student has individual worth and value.
- All students deserve opportunities to learn, grow and develop in an open and positive environment.
- The balance of intellectual, social, emotional and physical needs are important to academic success.
- A school community built upon safety and mutual respect is the environment that will best support students.
- School counselors abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counseling Association.
- It is important to demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to issues of ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation and socio-economic status as related to educational equity.
- Comprehensive and developmentally appropriate counseling programs based upon the ASCA National Model should be facilitated by certified school counselor or by a highly qualified mental health professional.